Step 1: To access this, simply go to Chat Engage then click Create a Bot, enter a bot name, and group. Then select your Message Type and click Start.
Note: Group is optional.
Step 2: Create a Message and Button then choose an action for your button. You can also insert elements such as:
- Text - A maximum character count of 500 characters is allowed.
- Image, Card, Gallery - You can add an image to your message. A total of 10 slides are permitted in a Gallery Element.
- Video - The maximum size of video you can upload is 25MB.
- Files - You can add downloadable files to your Bots. The accepted file types are: .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .doc, .docx, .docm, .zip
- Audio - You can upload any .mp3 or .wav audio file.
- User Input - You can gather more information about your subscribers with the "User Input" block. Such as phone numbers, emails, addresses, etc. Note: First, you need to set that up on Custom Field under the settings.
- Delay Typing - This element is designed to make your subscribers feel they are talking with a human.
Note: Buttons are used to send responses while Quick Replies are buttons that provide users conversational engagement with your bot.
Step 3: Edit your Button Title. When choosing an Action for your button, you can perform the following:
Send Message - You can send the user to another flow of messages.
Open Website - It allows you to enter your URL. Users will be redirected to your website.
Call Number - When a user clicks this they will dial your business number.
Perform Actions - It will create an action block where users can unsubscribe.
Launch New Bot - You can launch a new bot from your Chat Bots list.
You are now only allowed 10 slides in a Gallery Element. It used to be 11 but has now been changed to 10.
The maximum character count allowed is only 600 for your Text Element. It used to be 2000 if your Text Element does NOT have a button present. If a Button is present, you are allowed 640 characters. But has now been changed to 600.