Chat Engage - Building a Bot
updated 6 months ago
Step 1: To access this, simply go to Chat Engage then Create a Bot and enter conversation name.
Step 2: Create a Message and Button then choose action for your button. You can also insert elements such as:
- Text - A maximum character count of 500 characters is allowed.
- Image, Card, Gallery - You can add an image to your message. A total of 10 slides are permitted in a Gallery Element.
- Video - The maximum size of video you can upload is 25mb.
- Files - You can add downloadable files to your Bots. The accepted file types are: .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .doc, .docx, .docm, .zip
- Audio - You can upload any .mp3 or .wav audio file.
- User Input - You can gather more information about your subscribers with the "User Input" block. Such as phone numbers, emails, addresses etc. Note: First, you need to set that up on Custom Field under the settings.
- Delay Typing - This element is designed to make your subscribers feel they are talking with a human.
Note: Buttons are used to send responses while Quick Replies are buttons that provide users conversational engagement with your bot.
Step 3: Edit your Button Title. When choosing an Action for your button, you can perform the following:
Send Message - You can send the user to another flow of message.
Open Website - It allows you to enter your URL. Users will be redirected to your website.
Call Number - When a user clicks this they will dial your business number.
Perform Actions - It will create an action block where users can unsubscribe.
Launch New Bot - You can launch a new bot from your Chat Bots list.
You are now only allowed 10 slides in a Gallery Element. It used to be 11 but has now been changed to 10.
A maximum character count allowed is only 600 for your Text Element. It used to be 2000 if your Text Element does NOT have a button present. If a Button is present, you are allowed 640 characters. But has now been changed to 600.