Facebook™ latest "Engagement Bait" Policy
updated 2 months ago
Facebook™ has recently released a new policy around what they label, "engagement bait".
Facebook™ defines this tactic as:
"Engagement bait is a tactic to create Facebook posts that goad people into interacting, through likes, shares, comments, and other actions, in order to artificially boost engagement and get greater reach on News Feed."
As far as we can interpret, this only affects Posts and not Ads.
Please visit the Facebook™ Policy Page so you can be fully advised of the new policy:
Please watch the video below for a more in-depth look at how this affects our users.
- React Baiting - asking people to react to the post (includes like, love, haha, wow, sad and angry).
- Comment Baiting - Asking people to comment with specific answers (words, numbers, phrases, or emojis).
- Share Baiting - Asking people to share the post with their friends.
- Tag Baiting - Asking people to tag their friends.
- Vote Baiting - Asking people to vote using reactions, comments, sharing, or other means of representing a vote.