- You send mostly promotional messages, where the primary call to action is "buy this thing"
- You are using Messenger to promote "flash sales", "fire sales", or and kind of "sale".
- You send messages which get reported as SPAM by your subscribers
How to use Messenger in a way that won't get you banned:
- Imagine you're talking to your closest friends and family. What would you say to them? If you had something to tell them about, how would you approach it? That's how you should write in Messenger
- Make your messages interactive by nature. Don't just say "hey I have this thing, want to buy it?" You need to be more clever about how you introduce products and services.
- Do content marketing. SegMate is a wonderful tool for helping your subscribers get the information they need about your offerings. Help your subscribers understand how you can benefit them. Make it fun. Make it personal.
- Help your customers. Elite sales organizations use Segmate to have conversations with people who aren't quite ready to buy because they have concerns or need to have a few questions answered. Hard sales aren't effective, and it won't work on Messenger. It might also get you banned.
Hope that helps!